Matcha can be GROSS when it’s done wrong, but I like to drink it instead of coffee sometimes. It’s got to taste good though. Duh. That’s why I’m sharing my easy 3-step ball jar matcha latte recipe today.
There’s two things that really matter:
1. Type of matcha. This is the best ceremonial grade brand I’ve found, at the best price.
2. The method — especially if you’re traveling and you don’t have any fancy equipment.
That’s exactly how this matcha recipe was born. I had just gotten back to Costa Rica and didn’t have a blender in my new place yet.
If you don’t have a blender, aero latte or matcha whisk just shake your ingredients in a BIG ball jar or other heat-tolerant container.
Use a dish towel around the outside and BE CAREFUL. Really careful. I am not responsible for any accidents. Love ya.
EASY BALL JAR MATCHA LATTE RECIPE
1. Heat 12 oz of water. Shouldn’t be boiling for matcha.
I don’t temp it and might never 😂 — so I just pull it off when it’s steaming but not boiling. Let it rest for a minute so some of the steam can evaporate.
2. Add your milk, hot water, and 1 tsp of matcha powder to your large ball jar.
Make sure your ball jar is heatproof. The classic, thick, large ball jars are usually good.
I use about 1/4 cup of pure full-fat coconut milk. The good fats are really important for cognitive health, skin, weight loss, gut health, and so much more. Give your hot water 15-30 seconds to cool down a bit before you add it to the jar, and BE CAREFUL throughout the process.
I find it’s better to put the matcha in after the liquid, so the powder doesn’t stick to the bottom of the jar.
3. Seal your ball jar tightly, wrap a dish towel around it to protect yourself from the heat, and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE.
Make sure you hold the jar AWAY from your body and face.
Bartending experience helpful but not required. 💪🏻
Did you know I was a full-service bartender for two years in New York? So much fun.
Open carefully, away from your face, and pour into your cup. 😋
Much matcha love,