I recently posted a pretty photo of my baked eggs on Instagram and my friend Breanne commented that she didn’t know you could bake eggs! I love baked eggs so much that I knew I needed to get a little blog post up ASAP on how to do it quickly and easily, so everyone can enjoy the baked egg love. <3
You can do thousands of different elaborate veggie combinations in your baked eggs, but for this post I’m gonna keep it super simple and stick to teaching the basic technique without getting into the endless amazing flavor and texture combinations you can play with.
Simple Baked Eggs
3 big handfuls of baby spinach
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring your olive oil to medium-high heat in a medium skillet.
3. Add in fresh baby spinach and sauté until wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Crack eggs right on top of the spinach and let them set for 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper again.
5. Transfer to oven and cook for 3-5 more minutes, depending how you like your eggs.
You can “bake” your eggs on the stovetop until they’re done. About 3-5 minutes after you crack the eggs in, once they’ve set, you would just reduce your heat to medium-low and cook them until the albumen (runny white part) has set.
HOWEVER, this can take longer and it can be annoying to get the albumen to set and still get soft yolks. You can achieve set whites and soft yolks more quickly and easily by transferring to the oven for the last few minutes.
Why? Because on the stovetop the heat is only coming from the bottom of the pan, and it takes longer to reach the albumen on top. In the oven, heat’s coming from all sides.
That’s it! I love serving my baked eggs with crispy bacon, avocado, more fresh greens, and toast sometimes!
Baked eggs can be a super easy, delicious, and satisfying breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.